GET AN EARLY START!
Undergraduate students with outstanding academic performance may apply for “Early Entry“ to a graduate program and begin graduate coursework while completing undergraduate degree requirements. Accepted students receive provisional acceptance to the graduate program pending the award of their bachelor’s degree. Up to 12 hours of graduate courses may be taken as an undergraduate and "double-counted" toward the undergraduate and graduate degrees limitations vary by program. Students are charged undergraduate tuition and fees for all courses for which they register until the bachelor’s degree is attained (see restrictions below). Students considering Early Entry to a graduate program should speak with the respective master's program advisor to be sure they will meet prerequisites for the anticipated Early Entry courses. Early Entry is currently available for master's programs in:
- Data Science and Business Analytics, M.S. or Graduate Certificate, Early Entry
- Health Informatics and Analytics, Graduate Certificate, Early Entry
- Health Informatics and Analytics, M.S., Early Entry
- Early Entry students may have acceptance to the graduate program, pending the award of the baccalaureate degree, generally within two semesters.
- This early entry program is also accelerated in which up to 12 hours earned at the graduate level may be substituted for required undergraduate hours. In other words, up to 12 hours of graduate work may be "double-counted" toward both the baccalaureate and PSM degree, and up to 12 hours for the Graduate Certificate
- Early Entry students will be charged undergraduate tuition and fees for all courses (graduate and undergraduate) for which they register. Upon completion of the baccalaureate degree, students will be charged graduate tuition and fees.
- A student may be accepted into the Data Science and Business Analytics Early-Entry Program at any time after completion of 75 semester hours of undergraduate work applicable to the appropriate degree although it is expected that close to 90 hours will have been earned by the time the first graduate course is taken.
- Submit a completed application through the graduate school's Online Admissions Portal. The application process and all required documentation (e.g., test scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation) are the same for early entry students as for other applicants to the program.
- At least a 3.2 overall GPA
- Admission must be recommended by the Department and approved by the Graduate School. The admission status will be “provisional" pending the award of the undergraduate degree.
- Financial Aid Considerations for Early Entry Graduate Students
- Graduate Admissions – Early Entry
- For questions or more information, contact Carly Mahedy