University Center for Academic Excellence (UCAE)
The UCAE offers free services to help students develop academic success skills and master course content.
- Tutoring: Out-of-class assistance for select courses.
- Individual Consultations: One-on-one coaching to help students address their unique academic concerns.
- Supplemental Instruction: Group study sessions for courses with high attrition rates.
- Study Smarter Workshops: Sessions that help students improve skills associated with academic success. Examples include time management, note-taking, and preparing for exams.
- Student Success: Support for students on academic probation or reinstated after suspension.
Writing Resource Center (WRC)
The Writing Resource Center (WRC) provides virtual and in-person support to all students at any stage of the writing process for any subject. Tutors can help you understand an assignment sheet, brainstorm, or even begin drafting an outline. If you’ve started writing but haven’t completed your first draft, we can give you feedback on direction and incorporating additional content. If you’ve already finished writing, we can give you some tips for revising or proofreading. Our goal is to help teach you to identify and understand the strengths and weaknesses of your writing, help you find answers, and help you learn how to research, write, revise, and proofread on your own. We want you to become a better writer by learning how to improve the quality of your writing overall, not just to improve the quality of one specific paper.
Financial Literacy and Well-being
UNC Charlotte recognizes the need for students to learn how to navigate their way to financial success and is providing programs, resources, education, and guidance for financial literacy and well-being. This office on campus provides individual appointments to students as well as self-guided Green to Gold Learning Modules to assist students in achieving their financial goals. Explore more here.
Mathematics Learning Center
The Mathematics Learning Center (MLC) provides specialized tutoring for mathematics and statistics courses on a “drop-in” basis both in person and online. They also provide a list of private tutors if a student feels that would be the best option for their success.
The College of Computing and Informatics (CCI) Undergraduate Tutoring Center
The CCI Undergraduate Tutoring Services offers no-cost peer tutoring sessions, study skills coaching, and academic support to all CCI undergraduate students.
Here’s how to make a one-on-one tutoring appointment:
- Go to my.charlotte.edu and log in with your NinerNET credentials
- Click on Connect (for advising, tutoring, and support)
- Click on Make an Appointment
- Select Academic Support (tutoring/mentoring)
- Select CCI Peer Tutoring
- Select Course-based Tutoring
- Select Computing and Informatics Tutoring, In Person, Burson 237 as the location
- Select the course for which you need tutoring
- Select a peer tutor by name if you prefer; if you don’t have a preference, leave that field blank
- Select an appointment day and time
- In the “Comments for your staff…” box, add a brief comment about what you want your peer tutor to help you with
- Make sure to check email/text confirmation reminders and verify your phone number.
- Click Confirm Appointment
Alternatively, several of our tutors have drop-in slots. You can see this information in Connect and come into Burson for help during those hours!
Here is a spreadsheet showing tutor availability.